Well Semlo is a typical drink jogja which is sold on the roadside in the palace area of Jogja that will quench your thirst when you break the fast. This drink is very easy to make it but it feels no doubt very fresh.
Ice Semlo made with various spices that bring a typical flavor of the archipelago. Spices and herbs such as clove and cinnamon will also be mixed with the main ingredients of banana and lime. This drink does not use any chemicals at all, even to make the color in the drink, just add the wood of Secang.
Usually ice Semlo is sold when the month of Ramadan arrives and drunk during breaking fasting. Well for this time we will give a recipe and how to make it for you, so you can make it for your family iftar drink and following recipes how to make ice special Semlo Keraton Jogja Palace:
- 1 comb Banana Kepok (which is ripe).
- 750 Ml water.
- 500 Gram granulated sugar (to taste).
- 1 pandan leaf Sheet.
- Five grains of clove.
- 2 cinnamon (to taste).
- 2 (can be replaced with 1 half of tbsp of lime juice).
- Old red food dye to taste.
- Salt 1/4 teaspoons.
- Ice cubes to taste.
How to make:
- First we boiled water, cloves, cinnamon, salt, sugar and also pandan leaves until sugar soluble
- And also do not forget to put bananas and red dye to taste
- Last stay enter the lime juice and correction flavor, when it is fitting stay plus ice cubes and ready to be served.