At first the most commonly used meat is pork. However, Baozi can be filled with other ingredients, such as chicken meat, vegetables, sweet srikaya, soy bean butter, green beans. Bakpao is a tender, chewy, and soft food. The taste is varied according to the ingredients chosen according to each taste.
After the stuffing is given, the dough is left until fluffy and steamed until cooked. To distinguish the contents of the Bakpao, without meat or vegetarians, usually on top of the bakpao given a color pitch, as well as other fillings marked in different colors.
Dough Material Leather (A):
- 225 g wheat flour.
- 1 tbsp instant yeast.
- 150 ml water.
Leather dough Ingredients (B):
- 125 g wheat flour.
- 100 g refined sugar.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tbsp margarine.
- 2 tbsp water.
- 200 g red beans.
- 3 liters of water.
- 1 tsp Green alum.
- 75 g granulated sugar.
- 1 pandan leaf Sheet.
How to make:
- Knead A to proof. Let stand for 30 minutes while closing the wet lap
- In different containers, stir ingredients B. Mix with ingredients A and knead until smooth, soft and elastic. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Weigh the dough each 30 grams. Let stand for 15 minutes. Skin dough ready to fill.
- Boil the red beans and alum until gently and the water is absorbed.
- Put sugar, and stir until proof. After the cold, create a circle of marbles for stuffing.
- Take a skin of bakpao, fill it, then round it.
- Let stand 15 minutes, layer the bottom with paper or leaves, then steamed with a small flame. Serve when warm.
Easy is not it? Once you know how to make this peanut bun, you can try it in your favorite kitchen using your own hand. Homemade is certainly more assured and controlled, especially for the little food. Good luck da success!